We’re not sure but we think the “S” stands for “Super”. The new Pomoca Super treatment on the old reliable Climb Pro Glide skins makes them even better at sliding. The friction coefficient is now more akin to racing formulas than to similar mohair-mix skins. Good sliding technique will be rewarded with up to 20% energy savings on an average climb, a figure extrapolated from recent lab tests. The Climb Pro S-Glides are 70% mohair, 30% nylon, and 100% fast. The skins feature the manageable Pomoca glue formula and easy-to-use tip brackets and tail clips. These are likely the default skin choice for interested ski tourers.
- Safer Skin membrane is waterproof, tear-resistant, and tends to hold its hairs in place.
- Ever Dry 2.0 is a water-shedding treatment the prevents potentially heavy water soakage.
- S-Glide concoction is applied at the end to give you a lifelong friction-reducing stride.
- ClickLock is a tip system that allows you to swap square brackets to match your ski tips.
- Adjustable tail clips ride up and down a thick stretchy strap that is notched for good hold.
- Kits come with a trimmer that is much easier to use that the letter-opener style skin trimmers.
- Comes with a skin bag for carrying your climbers and for long-term storage across seasons.