Atomic Backland Summit 9 Binding
Fall - Notify Me
In a lesser-known novel, “To Nine Summits and Back Again,” written by Atomic Baggins, the story focuses on the plight of a little binding with a big personality, trying to make a name for itself in a big and crowded world. Helping with this task was its mostly glass-infused polyamide (PA) construction, making it light and strong, perfect for reliability in far-out places. As these stories tend to go, after much trial and turmoil, this little binding successfully summited all nine of its objectives, no doubt helped by its two, easily accessible heel risers. On the last and final descent, when it was truly weary from a long adventure and eager to get home, this little binding appreciated the AutoFlex system and adjustable lateral release, providing consistency and adjustability of release values, giving it peace of mind. Whether summiting big peaks or lapping hidden powder staches, the Summit 9 will reliably and faithfully be under your feet.
- Lateral release can be adjusted for values between 4-9.
- AutoFlex System acts to prevent pre-release by allowing the heel to travel rearward, compensating for ski compression.
- 30mm of BSL adjustment allows for a quiver of boots.
- Flat mode and two riser options help smooth out steep skin tracks.
- Step-In Aid lets you step in the first time.
- Included leashes pair well with the nice leash ring found on the toe piece.
||2 + flat|
||Aluminum, high performance PA|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Summits, powder, and everything in between|
|Notes||Adjustable lateral release|
|Bottom Line||Durable binding suitable for every tour|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.