Replacing the whole baseplate seems like a pain compared with how Dynafit has done things in the past, but it's actually pretty simple. One thing I discovered in doing this is that the heel hole pattern on the standard Radical (+ older Dynafit bindings) is shorter than the "demo" binding. Should be fairly obvious, but somehow I didn't realize I had demo bindings.
Also, if you have a quiver of different-length skis, but only one pair of heelpieces, you can leave baseplates mounted to the skis and just switch out the heel part. It's trivially easy - you'll just have to reset the rotational release value each time.
Comment on this review: