A good piece of gear should just fade into the motions of the day, working well for its designed task and not complicating things. With the Razor Carbon Pro ski pole from Black Diamond, you're going to forget that you even have a pole in your hand-- just don't forget to toss them in the car in the morning. An upgraded classic BD feature, the FlickLock Pro adjustment mechanism is one of the small things you don't appreciate until you use something that isn't quite as nice. The glove compatible lever easily and instantly releases to provide adjustment of the lightweight 12mm carbon lower section, while the durable 14mm aluminum upper section has a choke ring and grippy coating for those steep sidehills and booters. The pole comes with a full 75mm basket and is 3/4-basket compatible, if you're into that sorta thing. Soft rubber hand grips come with breakaway straps that pop off of you catch a pole in a bush on the way down, meaning you can safely ski with your hands in the pole straps. This pole will get you up and down more skin tracks than you can probably get yourself up, so don't hesitate-- this will be your favorite piece of gear to forget about.
- The 14mm Aluminum upper section is durable enough for all your antics, while the 12mm lower carbon section keeps the swing weight down.
- SafeLock Breakaway wrist straps releases if the pole catches on a bush while skiing, keeping you intact even if you like to ski with straps on.
- BD's FlickLock adjustment mechanism got a facelift, and is now made of forged aluminum that is just as strong without excess weight.
- 75mm baskets can be swapped out for 3/4 baskets, for folks who love to customize their gear down to the smallest feature.
- A soft grip coating above the choke ring helps to keep the pole in your hand when the walking gets steep.
|Lengths (cm)||100-125cm, collapsed 92cm
115-140cm, collapsed 105.5cm
|Grip||Dual density soft touch rubber with SwitchRelease wrist straps|
|Basket & Tip||75mm Powder Baskets|
||Aluminum upper, carbon lower|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring, mountaineering|
|Notes||Touring ring for choke-ups in the steeps|
|Bottom Line||Rock solid and light adjustable poles|
|Compare to other Adjustable Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.