Brooks-Range's basic Snow Study Kit is perfect for any Level I or level II avalanche course, or for anyone who does not have snow-pit study tools. This kit has all the essentials you need for basic snowpack evaluation, all wrapped-up in an easy-to-carry case. The guts of the kit are itemized below.
- Fieldbook #311 - Allows you to write under any condition regardless of how wet or cold.
- Slope Meter - Accurately measure the angle of any slope.
- Snow Crystal Card - 3 textured grids for examining snow crystals and doubles as inclinometer. Backside has snow pit legends.
- Folding Magnifier X10 - For viewing snow crystals up close.
- 100 cm Folding Ruler - For documenting a snow pit with precision.
- Dial Stem Thermometer - To document the snowpack's temperature and easily recognize if there is a gradient.
- A Brooks-Range Snow Study Pouch - For compact storage.