The original Wasatch dawn-patrollers wanted a lightweight, packable harness that would handle ski belays and rappels while pioneering today’s popular couloirs. They made it in to work at Black Diamond and designed the original Couloir Harness to perfectly meet those requirements. The latest iteration surpasses even the original goals, with a new construction that uses hydrophobic fabric and Fusion Comfort Technology™. An ingenious system prevents ice screws from clanging around, with slots on the leg loops that match up with Ice Clipper loops on the waist. If you plan on skiing steep lines with technical elements, the Couloir harness will comfortably improve your odds of success.
- Extremely light and packable with a low profile and without frills.
- Triple-weave webbing moves with you while being durably strong.
- Speed buckle makes for easy on/off while wearing skis or crampons.
- EVA foam insert and breathable mesh padding keep things comfortable.
- Ice screws can be clipped on the belt and secured with special leg slots.
- Full-strength belay loops can handle whatever you can handle.
- Two webbing gear loops can carry a small rack into the unknown.
- Makes for a great glacier harness when you need crevasse protection.
- Primary fabric is Bluesign® approved to appease Mother Earth.
|XS/S||24-30in / 61-76cm||17-20in / 43-51cm|
|S/M||27-33in / 69-84cm||19-24in / 48-61cm|
|M/L||30-36in / 76-91cm||21-26in / 53-66cm|
|L/XL||33-39in / 84-99cm||23-27in / 58-69cm|
|XXL||36-44in / 91-112cm||25-34in / 64-86cm|
|Materials||210d nylon Mini Diamond ripstop, nylon webbing|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Rappels and technical travel|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight and extremely packable|
|Compare to other Harnesses|
Questions & Reviews
I'm a 33-34 waist and 6'4" tall (pure muscle...and some ice cream). Do you think I should go for the M/L or the L/XL?
Took off a star because much lighter options that fill the same niche exist for the same price.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.