This is the lightest ice axe you will ever find. No, we're serious! The Corsa Race ice axe is the lightest EN certified ice axe you will find on planet Earth. This is no coincidence as it was specifically designed to eliminate extra weight. At 50 cm in length, the Corsa Race has managed to slim down by removing materials in the shaft, getting rid of the shaft plug and machining holes into the bottom of the handle. An added benefit of the machined pattern is improved grip and easier handling. As an ISPO Gold Award winner for 2020 this hyperlight axe with a new non-welded head gives the best strength to weight ratio and allows for a more comfortable fit in your hand. Despite weighing in at a minuscule 200 grams, the Corsa Race ice axe is not only designed for our competitive racers, but for anyone who wants the lightest gear in the mountains. Hey, lighten up!
- Lightest certified ice axe on the planet meeting EN13089 standard.
- 50cm length shaft meets ISMF standards.
- Significant material reductions in the shaft and no shaft plug decrease weight to sub 200g.
- Machined holes in the shaft give better grip and even more weight reduction.
- ISPO Gold Award winner for 2020.
- Specifically designed for skimo racing. (This axe is not designed for vertical ice or mixed terrain mountaineering).
- Seamless integration with the Corsa leash. (Sold separately).
|Materials||7075 Aluminum pick and shaft|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Competitive ski mountaineering, racing, general mountaineering|
|Notes||Reduced material and no plug in the shaft eliminate extra weight|
|Bottom Line||Lightest certified ice axe money can buy!|
|Compare to other Ice Axes|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.