The CAMP XLC 470 is essentially the 390 with a toe bail that accommodates more boots. This means you can fit it onto boots with oddly-shaped or missing toe welts (looking at you TLT7). CAMP also used a boot-length adjustment mechanism that doesn’t require a screwdriver so lets you quickly adapt to your boot quiver. At the expense of a few ounces, you’ll have a crampon that easily adjusts to any ski boot or semi-rigid mountaineering boot. They will stay securely attached to your leg with the ankle harness and the heel tension can be adjusted on the fly.
- 3D pressed frame distributes pressure to increase strength and durability.
- Semi-automatic attachment works with any ski boot and most mountaineering boots.
- Tool-free size adjustment let you quickly adapt to whatever is on your feet that day.
- CC4U wear indicators let you know when the crampon is no longer safe.
- Included anti-balling plates help prevent dangerous snow buildup.
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||General mountaineering and ski touring|
|Notes||One of the lightest strap-on 12 point crampons on the market|
|Bottom Line||Stops boot compatibility issues right in its tracks|
|Compare to other Crampons|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.