Sometimes mountaineering axes just won’t cut it. If you need a proper ice tool for a route, check out the Quantum Tech from Grivel. They are an ultralight combination of aerospace grade composite shafts and hot-forged chromoly steel heads. No compromises were made on the Quantum Tech; extra care was taken in the orientation and reinforcement of the carbon fibers that make up the shaft. Hot-forging the heads improves the internal microstructure to achive maximum strength from the alloy. The axes are finished with an efficient hand-support and Tungsten Carbide spike. Available with and adze or hammer, the Quantum Tech is the ultimate tool for technical routes.
- Top quality carbon composite shafts reinforced with light alloy matrix.
- Chromoly heads are hot-forged to minimized internal defects and porosity.
- Tungsten Carbide spikes are harder than ice, rock, and probably you.
- Comfortable hand grips are supported by shaped spike mount.
- Available with and adze (shovel) or hammer heads.
|Materials||Carbon composite, chromoly steel, tungsten carbide|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ice climbing, alpine routes|
|Notes||Hot-forged head is top quality|
|Bottom Line||Ice tool without compromise|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.