The Kohla Evolution Attack might be the perfect touring pole. Here’s why: It’s light, durable, and it brings the best of a race pole and a touring pole together into one. The asymmetric aero basket is offset for the highest hard snow performance, but the oversized platform offers plenty of flotation in soft snow. The 2K-Picco handle has a tab to manipulate risers, toe levers, or boot buckles. The rest of the handle is covered with a soft, comfortable, and insulating EVA Foam that extends well below the main grip, so you can choke up for efficient side-hilling and technical descending without getting knocked off-balance. The long grip and oversized basket are joined in holy matrimony by way of a Carbon/Kevlar composite tube that’s stiff and brings the weight down. Please help us find something that’s unlikable with the Kohla Evolution Attack pole.
- Carbon/Kevlar Composite shaft is 16mm in diameter, a perfect balance between stiffness and weight.
- 2K-Picco Handle can manipulate all kinds of things like toe levers, heel risers, and your touring partner.
- EVA Foam Grip is long, comfortable, and adds versatility to the pole.
- Neoprene strap is adjustable in length, wide enough to be comfortable, and supportive when poling hard.
- Like most ultralight carbon poles, these do not come with a breakage warranty.
|Lengths (cm)||110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 145|
|Weight (pair)||352g |
|Grip||2K-Picco hand with EVA Foam|
|Basket & Tip||WIDIA Tip with Asymmetrical Aero Basket|
||Carbon/kevlar, EVA Foam|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Fast touring, training, racing|
|Notes||The ultimate fast mountaineering, training, racing, and touring pole|
|Bottom Line||A versatile light 'n fast pole|
|Compare to other Fixed Length Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.