Strength, durability, and affordability. Those are the extra ingredients that La Sportiva added to the full-carbon RSR race ski to make the new Syborg ski. While they don’t come in salt shakers or pepper grinders, the ingredients were fairly straightforward to add using the company’s ski making expertise.
Sharing the same geometry and Paulownia wood core as its World Cup brother, the Syborg features thicker steel edges, additional laminate layers, and a more durable top sheet. Combined with a stiffer tail, the new ski is more suitable for heavier racers and general ski mountaineering. It could also be the perfect ski for training and resort uphilling. We’re not sure how affordability factored in; it must have come from storage space savings on all that extra material.
- Comes in 160cm length for men and a 153cm length for women, children, and odd number lovers.
- Carbon fiber torsion box wraps the Karuba Paulownia wood core for lightweight rigidity.
- Fiberglass reinforcements under the binding mount area keep you secured to your sticks.
- High end P-Tex 5000 is a slick and durable base material that comes pre-waxed from the factory.
- Race notch in the tip for attach bungee cords that make it easy to rip skins in a hurry.
- 1.8mm thick steel edges have a rubber laminate underneath for shock absorbing durability.
- 0.3mm double polyamide (ISO ICP8210) top sheet resists edge nicks and pole scratches.
- Can pair with the RSR race skins.
|Lengths (cm)||153, 160|
|Weight (pair)||1550g |
||Tip notch, flat tail|
||Typical race radius|
||Cap w/ carbon fiber torsion box|
||Karuba Paulownia wood|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Has a stiffer tail than the RSR|
|Bottom Line||Durable, affordable race sticks|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.