If you’re not content simply skiing powder and instead want to levitate down the mountain, the Vapor Float was made for you. La Sportiva has made the ultimate floater, aptly named. Using the same carbon nanotube construction as the Nano and Svelte, the 117mm underfoot monster has an unrivalled surface-to-weight ratio. The Float is a ski you can safely lift up and down the mountain on the deepest powder days. Those days of 4% blower on which other skis would bottom-feed. Those days on which heroes are made. If you can’t control yourself and want the ultimate rush, jump aboard a Vapor Float.
- Carbon Nanotube torsion box is the still the most advanced ski construction in the industry.
- Rockered tip and mini-snowboard dimensions make the ski incredibly surfy in soft snow.
- Kevlar Weave Composite core is a reinforced by even more carbon fiber in the binding area.
- P-Tex 6000 bases are as hard as they come, and actually get hand waxed in the factory.
- 2.2mm steel edges can take some abuse, and lay into hard snow with camber underfoot.
- Made in America, land of 4% density hero powder.
Compare otherExcess-fat Skis
|Lengths (cm)||166, 178, 189|
|Weight (pair)||2640g |
|Turn Radius||26m |
|Skin Fix||Roundish tip and tail|
|Specs Verified||178 only|
|Profile||Generous tip rocker, camber underfoot, gentle tail rocker|
|Shape||Spoon tip, medium radius, flat tail|
|Construction||Revolutionary carbon nanotube process|
|Core||Kevlar weave composite|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Powder, powder, & more powder|
|Notes||State of the art manufacturing in the USA|
|Bottom Line||Mind blowing weight for a powder stomper|
Questions & Reviews
Thanks for your help Jason!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.