The Raid is a 22 liter backpack that is fast and robust. Great for daily adventures, the new pack from Ski Trab uses stronger rip-stop nylon than a true race pack, but keeps the features you’ve come to expect. A quick carry system lets you access your skis without taking off the pack. Generous mesh pockets adorn the front and are good for skins, fluids, or layers. Shoulder strap stowage and two zippered mesh waist pockets reduce the need for taking off the pack. The Raid comes with a removable back protector that slides behind a mesh screen designed to dump some heat. It’s topped off with compression straps so you can carry your gear tightly for less slop while skiing.
- Lateral and diagonal ski carries let you adapt to the angle of the climb.
- Ice axe loops can also be used for poles when you’re climbing or rapping.
- Removable padded back protector doubles as a butt pad for lunch.
- Adjustable chest strap can be lowered or raise for your height.
- Zippered waist pockets on each side fit a camera, food, or phone.
- Big outside mesh pockets are great for overflow storage.
- Zippered inside and outside security pockets for more stuff.
- Adjustable shoulder straps are padded for fit and comfort.
- Bottom hole allows water drainage if you have some melt or a spill.
Update 2016/17: Trab updated the color scheme and modified the upper axe/pole attachment.
||520g [w/o protector]
690g [with protector]
|Hydration||Hydration sleeve compatible|
|Ski Carry||Lateral and diagonal carries|
|Shovel / Probe||Toss inside|
|Ice Axe||Ice axe hanger|
|Stash Pockets||Two mesh hip belt, two mesh shoulder|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Alpine touring & mountaineering|
|Notes||Removable back protector|
|Bottom Line||Race-inspired touring pack|
|Compare to other Backpacks|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.