The Volare is Ski Trab's widest ski, a veritable powder hound by skimo standards. If you're looking to do lots of uphill and downhill travelling in deep snow, this ~100mm wide plank could be your passport. Don't worry though, if you start missing your true passion of skiing death-gnar ice with lots of exposure, the Volare will still have your back. Part of Ski Trab's Evo line, the skis are packed with 14 layers of technology designed to give you lightweight rigidity with precision steering. The flex pattern is specifcally designed to maintain contact on hard snow underneath your body, yet have you floating above pow and mank with a soft tip and tail. Enjoy everything the mountains throw your way.
- Aramid Honeycomb core is a space-age (literally borrowed from the aerospace industry) composite with amazing strength-to-weight ratio.
- HiBox external carbon cage is a patented fiber wrapper around the core to provide torsional rigidity and durability.
- Duo Tech split-tail design on Trab skis offers stability when charging straight yet flexes naturally when carving for extra control.
- Unique Attivo skin fixing system hooks quickly onto the tips and swallow tails and can be removed with one hand.
- Soft contact flex is a progressive flex pattern than is rigid under foot for hard snow control and soft at the ends for good float.
- Microfinish grind gives glide to the strong sintered base while the 52 HRC steel edges are sharpened to cut through ice.
|Lengths (cm)||164, 171, 178, 185|
|Weight (pair)||2820g 
|Turn Radius||24.2m 
|Skin Fix||Attivo tip & tail clips|
|Specs Verified||178 only|
|Shape||Long radius, swallow tail|
|Construction||Quadriaxial cap w/ HiBox|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Lapping pow, chuting|
|Notes||Variable flex designed for all conditions|
|Bottom Line||High performance lightweight fatty|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.