The Raid 240 is the sturdy and easy-to-deploy probe every skier should have in their pack before entering the backcountry. It has a pin-locking system for fast and efficient deployment with a handle that snaps onto the shaft, so it is out of the way once the digging portion of a search commences. The segments are built of a robust, 12mm diameter aluminum tubing and the tension cable is made of stainless steel. There is also a rubber grip on the upper segment for easier handling with gloves on. This probe is easy to stow, easy to use, and will hold up to the rigors of heavy backcountry use. If you have been poking around for the perfect probe, you might have just found it in the ARVA Raid 240.
- 12mm diameter 7075 aluminum tubing is stiff and dependable.
- Six 40cm segments make for easy storing and easy extending.
- Stainless steel tension cable is extremely durable.
- Pin locking system for fast and easy deployment.
- Pull handle snaps conveniently onto the shaft after deployment to stay out of the way during the search.
- Rubber grip on shaft for easier handling, especially while wearing gloves or mitts.
||7075 aluminum shaft, stainless steel tension cable|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Cone inserts for smoother assembly, rubber grip for easier handling|
|Bottom Line||Sturdy, compact, lightweight, easy to deploy|
|Compare to other Probes|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.