SQS stands for “(S)afety (Q)uick Release (S)ystem”, and as you may have guessed, Atomic's BCT Touring Carbon SQS poles are equipped with such a system. Designed to allow the wrist strap to separate from the pole under tension, the SQS reduces the chance of injury if the pole, connected to your wrist, gets caught while skiing. This is something your shoulder, wrist, elbow, and insurance company will surely be thankful for. Adjustable between 95 and 145 centimeters, the BCT doesn’t discriminate based on height while an ergonomic handle with extended grip allows for a variety of comfortable hand placements while skinning. A hybrid carbon construction keeps them stiff, strong, and light, which sounds pretty great if you ask us. Gain peace of mind with your poles and go with the Atomic BCT Touring Carbon SQS.
- Atomic Safety Release System (SQS) allows the pole straps to separate from the handle under tension.
- Ergonomic extended grip makes finding hand placement while touring a breeze.
- Adjustable length from 95 to 145 centimeters will fit most skiers' needs.
- 85mm all-around touring basket provides an adequate surface area in deep snow.
- Durable carbide tips are in it for the long haul.
- Reflective logos allow your SQS poles to SOS.
|Length||Adjustable Length 95-145cm|
|Grip||Ergonomic BCT Grip (EVA)|
|Basket & Tip||85mm Touring basket, carbide Tip|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Strap is releasable for greater safety|
|Bottom Line||Ergonomic grip with a quick-release safety strap|
|Compare to other Adjustable Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.