The Adrenaline overpant is named after the hormone excreted by your adrenal glands during competitive ski mountaineering races. Especially useful for long races like the Mezzalama or Grand Traverse, the insulated wind pants have full side zips so you can put them on over a race suit or basic softshell. They are also awesome to wear before and after races so you don’t freeze your bits and bobs.
The pants pack into their own pocket so you can easily carry them mountaineering, where they are great for technical sections with a lot of slow and cold rope work. Finally they are perfect for hanging around camp during an extended trip; zip them on without taking off your ski boots and freezing your toes.
- Hitex rip-stop (15D) nylon is windproof and relatively durable.
- Improved DWR treatment makes these relatively waterproof.
- PrimaLoft insulation dries fast and keeps you relatively warm.
- Adjustable elastic waist band and shaped knees fit you relatively well.
- Zippered rear pocket / stow pocket keeps you relatively organized.
- Stretch fabric inserts on the back panel & crotch move relatively well.
- Full length side zips so you can put the pant on relatively fast.
- Reinforced scuff guards keep them relatively crampon-puncture-free.
- Elastic + Velcro cuffs hug your boots so you stay relatively snow-free.
** Sizing: 6'1" 165lbs = Large.
|Pockets||1 zippered hip, 1 stow-away|
|Cuffs||Velcro + elastic|
|Materials||Hitex shell, Primaloft 4Flex insulation|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Long cold races, warm up / cool down, mountaineering, expeditions|
|Notes||Pack into a pocket|
|Bottom Line||Warmth when you need it|
Questions & Reviews
For reference, I'm 6'0", 170 lbs with a 31 waist and a size Large fits me well.
6 foot, 175, 34 inch waist
I was trying to decide if medium would work. I am 5'4" 125 28" waist.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.