CAMP's Voyager helmet. Cool name for a cool helmet that keeps you cool. 17 (go ahead and count them) vents are just one of the upshots of this brain bucket. Don't worry, it will keep you warm as well. A removable liner and removable ear flaps will have you comfortably skiing and well protected from mid-winter, to spring all the way through volcano season. When those ski days become surprisingly warm you can stay ahead of the game with the included anti-sweat padding kit. Heck, you can even go climbing in this thing since it is dual certified for both alpine skiing as well as climbing. The point of wearing a helmet is to avoid direct impact with your head. In the event that your helmet does do its job it will do so well since the EPS inner core is reinforced with a layer of polycarbonate to absorb those bumps, whacks and full-on smashes. We all have different sized heads from small to large with no two looking quite the same. CAMP's solution to a comfortable fit is a rear adjustable dial for micro-adjustments. The wheel is even rubber coated for better grip and easier use. Headlamps and goggles are a regular part of ski mountaineering. You won't lose them if you utilize the 3 bungee cords to hold either in place. Let's say that well secured headlamp burns out and you're skinning around in the dark not totally sure of where you are. Hopefully it never comes into play, but a RECCO reflector has been included in the design should things get off track.
- Polycarbonate reinforced core will take hits on your behalf to lessen the blow.
- RECCO reflector gives you peace of mind should you find yourself in unfamiliar territory.
- Removable liner has a mesh construction for increased breathability on those cold days.
- 3 bungee cords secure headlamps or goggles without adding unnecessary weight.
- 17 vents allow for increased air movement, which means you stay cooler as you climb.
- Comes with earflaps and extra padding for an extra 70g.
||ABS plastic shell, EPS core with polycarbonate|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, touring|
|Notes||17 vents for excellent ventilation|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight helmet with great features for just about any day in the mountains|
|Compare to other Dual Certification Helmets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.