NRG is not an acronym for Neat Racing Garment. It’s actually a cute shorthand for the word “energy”, which this suit may give you in spades. How would a racing suit do that, you ask? We can’t make sense of it, but the makers of Powerkler, the “thermo-sensitivity bio-activation textile”, try to explain here. Wearing this suit just might make you a better person.
Wild claims aside, Crazy Idea makes some pretty awesome race suits. With secret stash locations for an avalanche beacon, water bottle, headlamp, and NRG gels, the suit functions as well as it looks. And regardless of your tastes it looks great since you can pick from a wide variety of color schemes. If you’ve been waiting for the most popular skimo racing suits in Europe to become available in North America, your wait is over. It’s time to suit up.
- Body fit with flatlock seams and plenty of stretch form a sleek racing machine.
- Boot stirrups with buckle cutouts keep the cuffs in place and out of your way.
- Scuff guards are now bedazzled with mini studs and look to be impenetrable.
- Crazy compression system offers the benefits of compression wear, built right in.
- Internal and external pockets let you keep everything you need right where you need it.
- Anti-microbial and anti-fatigue properties of the fabric keep you smelling and feeling fresh.
- Diagonal crotch zip so you don't have to unsuit to unhydrate.
|Pockets||3 outer chest (skin, bottle, beacon), two inner tummy pouches|
|Cuffs||Buckle cutouts & stirrups|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||100% Italian sourced|
|Bottom Line||Crazy quality|
|Compare to other Men's Race Suits|
Questions & Reviews
2 things to consider/note:
1 - I would prefer another set of inside skin pockets like on the old suit, or make these ones a bit deeper.
2 - I am 187 cm and about 72 kg and went with size L. It was a good choice cause if I went by height sizing only then the compression fabric wouldn't have much to compress on my massive thighs :)
Can't really compare it to other suits though so won't say it is the greatest one.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.