This ski is not for the faint of heart. Using a new rigid carbon construction, Dynafit made an ultralight ski that slices and dices. A high performance successor to the Broad Peak ski, the Carbonio 74 is a mountaineering machine. It is not the most forgiving ski, but if you know how to use it, you will find a security found on few other skis. The full-length mini sidewall adds durability and edge hold along the entire ski. The gentle scoop rocker tip helps eat up uneven terrain. The black snow leopard just looks cool. The Carbonio is great for skiers who like to drive their skis, and plan on spending time in places where time stands still.
- Dual radius sidecut lets you adjust to the terrain with a weight shift.
- Flex tip with scoop rocker absorbs shock and bumps with aplomb.
- Carbon stringers and wraps make for a stiff high performance ride.
- Pin tails ease race pack insertion and help plant them in steep snow.
- Micro sidewalls run the full length, making it damp and durable throughout.
- Metal reinforced tip notches accept race-style skins.
|Lengths (cm)||158, 167, 176|
|Weight (pair)||2080g |
|Skin Fix||Tip notch, tail notch|
|Specs Verified||167 only|
|Profile||Scoop rocker, camber underfoot, flat tail|
|Shape||Long tip, dual radius, pintail|
|Construction||Carbon cap with micro side-wall|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light and fast mountaineering|
|Notes||Tapered tail help tail loop insertion|
|Bottom Line||Classic Dynafit shape redone to be stiffer and lighter|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.