Named after the famed 8,126 meter peak in Kashmir, the redesigned Dynafit Nanga Parbat ski is ready to tackle the most demanding ski mountaineering terrain. The namesake mountain is notoriously difficult to climb, let alone ski; yet a Dynafit team led by Luis Stitzinger did both in 2008. The Nanga Parbat ski leverages this experience and is designed to be forgiving in difficult snow conditions when mistakes have serious consequences. This goal is accomplished with a rockered flex-tip, a slim triple-radius geometry, and perhaps most importantly, a 1kg weight (171 cm) that will ensure you have fresh legs when you need them most.
- Unique triple radius design is longer in the front for sweeping turns and shorter in the back for tight turns.
- Scoop rocker makes it easier to soak up variable conditions from fluff to crust.
- Paulownia wood core is the new standard in lightweight yet responsive skis.
- Carbon speed stringers increase the stiffness and torsional rigidity of the ski while reducing vibration without the weight.
- Micro-sidewalls are shorter yet reach deeper into the core which helps prevent blowouts common in heavier walls.
- Tail rocker with a gently increasing radius is designed for good control at speed on hard snow.
- Pintails make these a breeze to slide into your pack loops for a booter while reducing rear float so you don't feel the need to lean back.
- Flex tip uses a three dimensional carbon inlay that helps absorb vibration while removing unnecessary wood weight.
|Lengths (cm)||171, 179|
|Weight (pair)||2090g 
|Turn Radius||17.5-11.5-15.5m 
|Skin Fix||Tip notch, tapered flat tail|
|Profile||330-340mm tip rocker, 130mm gentle tail rocker|
|Shape||Triple-radius sidecut, fish tip, pintail|
|Construction||Micro-sidewall, carbon stringers, sintered graphite base|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Fast ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Flex tip absorbs shock, pintail eases pack loop insertion.|
|Bottom Line||Nimble and forgiving lightweight mountaineering ski.|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.