Even if you aren’t carrying much, you’re still likely wearing a backpack when you’re out backcountry skiing. Included in said pack should be an insulation layer that keeps you moving when the mercury plummets below your expectations. It can also stave off hypothermia if for some reason you are forced to a halt. The Dynafit Radical 2 Primaloft jacket is an excellent choice for that layer.
Featuring a hybrid construction, this jacket puts the right materials right where you need them. Stretch woven inserts for provide freedom of movement under the arms while wind-resistant and water-repellent Dyna-Shell is found throughout the rest of the body. Primaloft Gold in varying weights through the body, arms, and hood locks in warmth and blocks out the weather. Even if you never have to pull it out, the Radical 2 Primaloft jacket offers peace-of-mind and acts as filler to show off the shape of that nice pack you’re always carrying.
- Primaloft Gold insulation in 60g/m2 and 80g/m2 weights is strategically placed and holds insulating properties even when damp.
- Multiple pockets allow you to easily stash snacks, spare gloves, small pets, etc.
- Elastic hem stays down on your hips even when worn over multiple layers.
- Serves double duty as excellent pack-filler, and summit-nap pillow.
- Elastic cuffs glide on easily over gloves.
Compare otherMen's Layers
|Pockets||Two hand zips, 1 chest zip|
|Materials||Dyna-Shell Ultralight, Primaloft|
|Insulation||Primaloft Gold Insulation 60g + 80g|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring, mountaining (yes, mountaining)|
|Notes||Stretch inserts provide freedom of movement|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight and useful puffy jacket|
Questions & Reviews
I'm 5'9" 145lbs I have the US small, fits tight. Not an over-layer, I wear this against baselayers and put additional layers on top.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.