The inventors of modern Kernmantle rope have done it again. Pushing the boundaries, Edelrid has made a half and twin rated rope that is only 7.9mm in diameter. Great for climbing, rappelling, glacier travel, you name it. The new Apus rope is treated with all the standard Edelrid processes that make their ropes easy to handle and withstand the test of time. Simply a great rope for alpine adventures from a company that has been making them for 150 years. Yes, that’s right, 150 years of rope-making experience.
- Rated for 8 falls as a double rope and more than 30 falls when used as a twin.
- Treated with Pro Shield and Dry Shield for dirt and water resistance.
- Standard Thermo Shield treatment give the signature Edelrid feel.
- Made in Germany with a bluesign eco-friendly process like all Edelrid ropes.
- Weighs just 42 grams per meter.
Questions & Reviews
Also, I believe the diameter is misstated in the title - the Apus is a 7.8mm rope.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.