8.6mm triple certified rope? Yes, it’s possible. Go light and fast yet remain safe with the new Edelrid Corbie rope, the latest invention from the inventors of modern rope. The incredible 51 g/m weight and small pack size make it perfect for long alpine missions. The Dry Shield water resistant treatment makes it perfect for ski mountaineering where your rope will be touching snow and ice. The Corbie is new default choice when your adventures include lots of unknowns.
- Rated for single, double, and twin rope climbing with up to 5 falls.
- 32% elongation with a maximum 9.3kN impact force add comfort to this dynamic rope.
- Pro Shield finish and zero sheath slippage give the Corbie great handling characteristics.
- Dry Shield finish prevents dirt and water from penetrating the rope and your day.
- Woven in Germany with an environmentally friendly process that is bluesign® certified.
- Gold medal winning product from the 2013 Outdoor Industry Awards.
Please note this rope is not suitable for working routes or top roping; go with something thicker and heavier for the crag.
|Grams per Meter||51g/m|
|Rope Style||Single, double, twin|
|UIAA Fall Rating||Single: 5|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||General mountaineering, glacier travel, and technical ski lines|
|Notes||Dry Shield finish is perfect for spring missions where water is a concern|
|Bottom Line||Durable mountaineering workhorse that you can count on|
|Compare to other Ropes|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.