A well-made, well-priced pole to match the Transalp ski. The Carbon Vario 2 features a lightweight carbon fiber lower section implanted in a sturdy aluminum upper. The two section combine to form an adjustable pole that ranges between 100 and 145 centimeters, enough to match the preferences of any skier. And if adjusting the length to match the terrain isn’t your thing, feel free to choke up on the extended EVA grip on those awkward side-hills. The Flexlite baskets will adapt automagically, since the outer ring is suspended by tight webbing.
- Air Carbon lower section and aluminum 7075 upper is a good combo of weight and strength.
- Ergonomic EVA foam grip extends down the shaft for a warm side-hill embrace.
- Vario adjustment system shrinks to 96cm for attaching to your pack while on rope.
- Flexlite baskets float on webbing in order to match the inclination of the terrain you are poking.
- Adjustable straps pivot on a pin to give you maximum range of motion while poling.
|Lengths (cm)||100-145 Adjustable|
|Basket & Tip||Flexlite basket|
|Materials||Aluminum upper, carbon lower|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Cool basket floats on webbing|
|Bottom Line||Nice affordable pole|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.