The Y-Flow ski was so popular in Europe that Hagan decided to make it a series and add three more widths. This is despite having to awkwardly write “[wai]” in the product name to ensure native German speakers pronounce it like an English “Y”. The Y-Boost is a wider version of the Flow with a 97mm waist, putting it more in the sweet spot of the North American market where powder is abundant. Hagan stiffened the tail, added a carbon tip stabilizer, and instituted a new color scheme for the series. The geometry remains the same, with a big floaty tip and a narrower tail to keep it nimble. We still rank it as the most versatile design around, now with multiple widths to choose from for a true one-ski quiver.
- New carbon tip stabilizer smooths the ride by reducing shovel vibration.
- Diamond shaped ABS sidewall offers great edge hold and impact protection.
- Elliptical shovel offers float akin to much wider skis, letting you charge in pow.
- Carbon layers sandwiched around a Paulownia core is key for lightweight stability.
- Relatively narrow 113mm tail and a 19mm turn radius make the Boost nimble.
- Optional matching skins are a precut mohair/nylon blend.
|Lengths (cm)||170, 178, 186|
|Weight (pair)||2720g 
|Turn Radius||17m 
|Skin Fix||Tip notch, flat notched tails|
|Specs Verified||170 & 178 only|
|Profile||350mm tip rocker, camber underfoot, 150mm tail rise|
|Shape||Big fish tip, skinnier tail|
|Construction||Diamond sidewall w/ carbon layers|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All mountain touring|
|Notes||Carbon tip stabilizer reduces vibration|
|Bottom Line||One ski quiver candidate|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
In more difficult snow conditions, they are easy to turn and forgiving. I've skied them in steep terrain and plenty of difficult conditions. They've done very well.
I have these paired with TLT 6P's and I generally ski them without the tongues. If the conditions are rough, I may put the tongues, if I remembered to bring them.
If you are in the market for a midfat general purpose ski, I wouldn't hesitate to choose these.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.