Warm, stretchy, comfortable, and high-performance; what’s not to like? The Alagna is the staple high-speed touring pant from Karpos; popular for good reason. Thermodrytex Double, the mainstay fabric in the Alagna, is very breathable and sports a DWR finish. That means it will vent and repel water with aplomb so you can charge through splitter weather. Thermodrytex PL+, a similar fabric with extra stretch, makes up the lower half of the pant, so you can walk, scramble, boot, and ski with no interference. The articulated knee panels are lined with Thermofleece for comfort and freedom of movement. YKK Zips on the cuffs and back pocket are the highest quality. The cuffs allow for easy access to any boot system, cutting transition times as low as possible. The back pocket is large enough for a phone, keys, or nutrition products. Reinforced cuff guards will stop a ski edge and easily seal out the elements. The Alagna is the racer’s skiing pant, the skier’s race pant, or the Goldilocks pant for skiers who just like to go fast.
- Elastic waistband is comfortable no matter how many laps you squeeze in.
- Zippered rear pocket is big enough to hold any number of accessories.
- Elastic cuffs and reinforced cuff panels seal out the elements.
- Thermodrytex Double, Thermodrytex PL+, and Thermofleece are warm and weather-resistant but still breathable.
- YKK Zippers on the back pocket and cuffs are durable and jam-free.
|Pockets||1 zip on back|
|Cuffs||Zipper with internal gusset|
|Materials||Thermo fleece, Thermodrytex PL+, Thermodrytex Double|
|Coating||DWR coating on front|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Training, high-aerobic output|
|Notes||Thermo fleece on knees|
|Bottom Line||Warm, stretchy pant for fast ski touring|
|Compare to other Women's Speed Pants|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.