The Karpos Marmolada jacket is a wonderful pick for anyone looking for a highly durable, highly water resistant touring jacket. If you're ready to ditch your hardshell, but not quite ready for a lightweight touring jacket, the Marmolada splits the difference and is a great introduction to the world of soft shells that do not compromise on performance. The Marmolada jacket is smartly crafted with two external materials that combine forces to be abrasion resistant, weather resistant, and extremely breathable. The K-Dry membrane, with 20,000 mm of waterproofing, covers the hood, shoulders, arms, and waist. The seem sealed hood offers full protection from any form of snow that comes your way, even those big fat flakes. The front and back of the jacket are covered by highly wind and water-resistant K-Shell fabric that has been treated with a DWR coating. The interior is a brushed fleece layer that helps keep you cozy as well as warm. Designed with four large pockets, this jacket can easily fit skins, gloves, snacks, your car keys, your wallet, some extra socks, a kitchen sink, and more. With drawstrings around the hood and waist, and velcro adjustments for the cuff, you can be sure this jacket will not be letting any snow up your sleeves or down your neck. The two main waterproof zippered pockets sit above the waistbelt allowing easy access even while wearing a pack. For your skins, there is a large internal mesh pocket and an additional large chest pocket. The Marmolada jacket is an unparalleled jacket for keeping you dry through stormy days, and bitterly cold weather.
- K-Dry membrane along the head, shoulders, and arms ensures 100% waterproofing from the elements above.
- K-Shell front and back are highly wind resistant and breathable.
- Brushed fleece interior adds warmth and a cozy feeling.
- Drawcords around the hood and waist, along with velcro cuff adjustments all add up to security from the elements.
- Reflective highlights on the back keep you visible in low light.
- Four large pockets: two waterproof on the front, one on the chest, and one internal mesh give ultra levels of organization.
|Hood||Shaped with ridged visor, K-Dry Membrane|
|Pockets||Two front pockets, one chest, one internal mesh pocket|
||Fleece, K-Dry waterproofed membrane (20k waterproofing/41k g/m2 breathability), K-Shell|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Waterproof front zip with wind flap|
|Bottom Line||Warm, durable jacket to protect against the elements|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.