The age-old Nordic saying “There is no bad weather, only bad clothing” rings true for anybody that spends times in the mountains. The Karpos Schiara pant is here to make sure bad weather is a thing of the past. Now you don’t have to be confined to bluebird days in the backcountry. Bad weather scares most people away, but if you are one of the die-hards, then the Schiara pant has your back (legs). K-Shell is a lightly insulated and windproof layer that makes up the majority of the pant. It sports DWR finish to keep you clean and dry. K-Dry, Karpos’ waterproof (20,000mm water column) fabric, can be found on the gaiter and knee panels where skiers need it most. Cordura panels on the cuff will stand their ground against ski edges, crampons, and ambitious approaches. When the weather breaks, just unzip the long side vents and air will flow through the mesh backing. The Schiara pant is one of the burliest pants we carry and is intended for the rugged adventures and expeditions.
- Elastic waistband has Velcro-adjustment and triple-stitched belt loops.
- Two front pockets are big enough for a beacon, small camera, or some food and are placed for easy access while wearing a harness.
- Thigh vents are backed with a mesh insert for temperature control.
- Suspenders are comfortable, adjustable, and removable.
- Breathable gaiter hidden inside the cuff seals the elements out.
- Both rear pockets are waterproof.
|Ventilation||Outer thigh vents with mesh insert|
|Pockets||2 hand, positioned low for harness use|
|Waist||Adjustable velcro tabs, belt loops|
|Cuffs||Zipper with internal gusset and gaiter. Cordura reinforced|
||K-Stretch, K-Shell, Cordura|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Thermal lining on knees and lower back, removable suspenders|
|Bottom Line||Weatherproof bomber pant|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Pants|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.