La Sportiva calls the Athena a “tech-fashion” piece. That seems about right, considering the usefulness and wide assortment of colors. In fact, each skirt comes as two colors since the they are reversible*. This doubles your chance of matching while keeping important bits warm. The Athena 2.0 Skirt can be zipped on over ski pants or a base layer, adding a layer of Primaloft® insulation before, during, or after some fun. The entire skirt can be packed into a front zip pocket, making it easy to carry in your pack (the light weight doesn’t hurt either). The insulation is protected by 20 denier Ripstop nylon, and sealed with an advanced water-repellent coating. The La Sportiva Athena 2.0 is a functional, affordable, and fashionable skimo accessory.
- 25g fill of Primaloft SPORT insulation keeps out the chill.
- Integrated stow pocket is handy when packing for a race.
- 100% 20D Ripstop nylon outer shell is built for usage.
- Full length side-zip so you can quickly put on/take off.
- Repeloff Nano Super DWR coating will keep you dry.
- Reversible design integrates two fashionable colors.
- 30D Tafetta lining durably contains the insulation.
* Note the first two photos (Blue Moon & Berry red) are the same skirt. As are the last two colors (Fjord blue & Papaya yellow). Just reverse the skirt to get the other color.
|Ventilation||Full side zip|
||20D Ripstop, 100% Nylon|
|Lining||30D Taffeta, 100% Nylon|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Over light ski pants for added warmth on cold days|
|Notes||Tech meets fashion|
|Bottom Line||Wear on and off the hill|
|Compare to other Women's Overpants/Skirts|
Questions & Reviews
I was jealous of all these girls that had a warm bum. So I bought one too. Too bad they don't come with a kilt pattern.
I have been super satisfied. It keeps my bum warm on cold days. and you can easily put it on with skis on.
I am 185 pounds and 5'11" and bought the XL (women). It fits good.
Cheers and please don't laugh too much!
S: Front - 15in/Rear - 17in
M: Front - 16in/Rear - 18in
L: Front - 16in/Rear - 18in
XL: Front - 17in/Rear - 19in
I'm 5' 9" with a 28" waist, 30" inseam and tried on the small. It hit about 2.5-3 inches above my knee and allowed for a long enough stride to jump across a stream or run from a bear, but not quite enough that you could do this.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.