La Sportiva used decades of experience in footwear to create one of the most comfortable and functional ski mountaineering boots available. Testers report pain free forefeet and arches they didn't have in other brands and added warmth from the new insoles, just the things you want for those all-day tours. As far as functionality, a carbon-reinforced backbone and integrated Fast Lock closure system make for excellent skiability and one-motion transitions. The 68 degree range of motion and light weight will make you feel like running up the hill. Or save your energy and attach the optional power strap and spoiler and get after it on the down.
- Built in flex zones on the Paulau™ thermo-moldable liners have a patent lacing system to provide a custom snug fit.
- EZ Flex™ system on the tongue, borrowed from La Sportiva's proven mountain boots, provides unrestricted ankle motion.
- Enjoy long strides with the unrestricted 68° of ankle motion provided by the CRP Cuff™.
- WarmSole™ insole prevents cold transfer through the sole of the boot, making these warmer than other thin-shelled lightweight boots.
- Transition quickly and easily with the Fast Lock™ closure system that switches modes with a one-handed flip of the buckle.
- EZ Cable™ adjustable forefoot buckle works in conjunction with the flexible tongue so you can set it and forget it.
- Reduce your heel slippage with a low-volume yet comfortable 2BT Tech Heel™.
- LazerGrip Outsole™ aborbs shock under the ball of your foot while being harder in the toe and heel for confident rock and ice maneuvers.
- Stiffness comes from the CRP backbone Vertebra Technology™ that works like an exoskeleton to deliver power.
- Choose from casual to aggressive stances with three different forward lean options (12, 14, or 16 degrees).
- Optional power strap (22g/0.8oz) and spoiler (22g/0.8oz) included in the box for those more downhill oriented.
|Weight (pair)||2330g |
|Buckles||2 w/ Fast Lock|
|Boot Sole Length||277mm [25/25.5]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech only|
|Forward Lean(s)||12°, 14°, 16°|
|Materials||Grilamid shell, PA12 nylon cuff, pebax tounge|
|Liner||Paulau with lacing system|
|Sole||LazerGrip w/ varying hardness|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All-day ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Flex zones, large range of motion, warm insoles, snug lacing, light and strong.|
|Bottom Line||Years of footwear experience equals most comfy fit for most.|
Questions & Reviews
The major complaint I have is with sole durability, which has purportedly been corrected in the updated version (which these appear to be). My soles aren't falling off yet, with low mileage, but I can see where they are starting to deteriorate. I've bumped my review from 3 to 4 stars in light of the fact that LaSportiva appears to have corrected the problem in the newer boots.
Still, if I had to do it all over again, the Dynafit PDG boot would be my #1 pick for the price:
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.