Durable, lightweight, trustworthy. Think of the Mammut 240 Short as the "Sting" to your Bilbo Baggins. This trusty sidekick is made with high-quality aluminum and features an effective telescopic locking tension system. The drop-shaped tip adds to the probe’s efficacy in penetrating compressed snow. When you are up against a dense debris pile, these features give you the confidence that your weapon will stay true and perform in those crucial moments after the crown rips. It may not have a "Speedlock" system, but what this probe lacks in quickness, it makes up for in sturdiness. The 240 Short will agree with almost any pack you pair it with, boasting a collapsed length of 38cm and weighing in at 245g. So take on that next adventure with courage, knowing you have the Mammut 240 Short in your pack.
- Telescopic locking tensioning system is reliable and effective when you need it.
- The drop-shaped tip makes for efficient penetration in solid avalanche debris.
- Tensioning cord has a high tensile strength to maximize stability.
- 240cm gives you just under 8 feet of reach when probing for an avalanche victim.
- 7 lightweight and sturdy aluminum segments that collapse into a short, packable cover.
- Carry case has a step-by-step emergency plan printed onto it.
- Scale marking on the side of the probe to measure victim depth and digging snow pits.
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Sturdy, reliable telescopic locking tensioning system|
|Bottom Line||Efficient, sturdy, packable|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.