A rather complete lightweight day pack from Mammut. The Spindrift is an ultralight backpack for ski touring that has a number of race-inspired features. The ski attachment system can be operated without removing the pack, and the separate side compartment provides quick access for crampons, hydration, or a backup layer. Mammut added a couple nice twists, such as removable back-padding that can be used as a moisture-blocking cushion. Also there is a zipper compression system that lets you shrink the pack for short days and enlarge it for longer ones, with or without rope. The Spindrift 25 is a solid ski touring pack that shows off Swiss attention to detail.
- External helmet and jacket holders let you carry more stuff internally.
- 100D Cordura® nylon is strong, and it goes up to 210D on the bottom.
- Ice pick holder doubles as a pole holder when using the axe or on rappel.
- Zipper expansion on the front of the pack allow it to transform in size.
- Speed ski attachment consists of a loop holster and a bungee hook.
- Small exterior zipper pocket is handy for hard-to-find items like skin wax.
- Back padding can be removed if you want to make a cushioned seat.
- Compatible with hydration systems with internal hangers and exit ports.
|Ski Carry||Loop and hook|
|Shovel / Probe||Internal|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Long distance ski touring|
|Notes||Back padding can be used as a seat|
|Bottom Line||Sizeable, race-inspired day pack|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.