Millet calls it a “new-generation hybrid” jacket which seems appropriate. The dual-natured Touring Alpha is a slick composite of insulated and soft shell jackets. Power Stretch® Pro back and side panels are combined with Polartec® Alpha insulation on the front and arms to make an amazing jacket for touring and ski mountaineering. Alpha is Polartec’s new state-of-the-art insulation material that scores the highest on breathability and compressibility charts. Power Stretch Pro has long scored highest on movability charts (is that a thing?). Millet’s composite of the two is a work of both art and science.
- Two zippered chest pockets are a natural place to put your skins before heading down.
- Polartec Power Stretch Pro panels on the sides and back are flexible and breathable.
- Easy pivoting sleeves have thumbholes for fans of opposable finger segregation.
- Polartec Alpha insulation is the new hotness in the exciting world of textiles.
- Alpine Fit™ and Composit™ construction imply comfort and quality.
- Flex Comfort™ is another Millet trademark which translates to awesomeness.
|Pockets||2 large zipped quick-access pockets|
|Cuffs||Optional thumb holes|
|Materials||Polartec Power Stretch Pro & Alpha insulation, Rip-stop LTK|
|Coating||DWR on front|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Strategically placed insulation|
|Bottom Line||Cold weather touring solved|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.