Versatility, easy and quick turning, excellent edge grip. Those were the primary concerns when developing the Apex ski. If you’re looking to charge in difficult terrain, but don’t want a huge weight penalty, the Movement Apex could be for you. The light tip and tail rocker makes turn initiation a breeze. Multiple axes of carbon wrap the Poplar wood core for a stable ride at speed. Shock-absorbing sidewalls dampen the ski and help with the impressive edge hold. The Apex is a solid partner for big lines in scary mountains.
- 2-axis carbon and poplar wood core to blend pop and stiffness.
- VA-Tech vibration absorbing rubber/glass layer in the front.
- ABS Shock Absorber system location primarily underfoot.
- Double Plate Reinforcement for binding area: titanal and fiber.
- P-Tex 4000 bases and Alpin edges can take some abuse.
Update for 17/18: New topsheet, ski remains unchanged otherwise.
Update for 18/19: Same ski but an even cooler topsheet.
|Lengths (cm)||169, 177, 183|
|Weight (pair)||2880g 
||Round tip, flat notched tail|
|Specs Verified||169 & 177 only|
||Light rocker tip and tail, camber under foot|
||Tapered tip and tail with flatter contact points, medium radius midfoot|
||Partial sidewall, dual-axis carbon wrap|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Big mountaineering lines|
|Notes||Vibration absorbing rubber layer|
|Bottom Line||Beefier option vs Alp Tracks 94|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.