The Vertex is built with the same versatile shape and profile as the Vertex-X, but with a beefier construction. If you’re big, strong, or plan on carrying a heavy load, the Vertex is a great companion for steep skiing. The ski has the ultimate mountaineering shape, easy to turn while reliable to edge and slide. When you’re skiing above exposure and don’t want to take any shortcuts, the Vertex will have your back. The half-sidewall adds durability while a rubber layer reduces vibration. The poplar core is stiff and provides some energy. The Movement Vertex is a ski mountaineer’s dream-come-true.
- VA-Tech vibration absorbing rubber layer dampens the ride.
- Poplar core wrapped in dual-axis carbon layer provide the core.
- ABS Shock Absorbing sidewalls help with edge hold and durability.
- Dual Plate Reinforcement is titanal-plus-fiber under your bindings.
- Hard steel tour edge with P-Tex 4000 bases handle rough skiing.
|Lengths (cm)||161, 169, 177, 183|
|Weight (pair)||2440g 
|Turn Radius||17m 
|Skin Fix||Rounded tip, flat notched tail|
|Specs Verified||169 & 177 only|
|Profile||Light rocker tip and tail|
|Shape||Tapered tip and tail, medium radius|
|Construction||Half sidewall with dual-axis carbon|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||High-level mountaineering with heavy pack|
|Notes||Rubber layer to reduce vibration|
|Bottom Line||Burly-yet-light steep ski|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.