Strong athletes from around the globe are flocking to skimo racing as a winter pursuit, which means that the specialized gear can become even more specialized. Higher levels of competition necessitate higher levels of performance. The Gara Aero Sprint ski is designed for the increasingly popular and increasingly competitive sprint and vertical racing formats. Ski Trab left no detail overlooked for maximum climbing speed. Narrower than most race skis, the Sprint is just 61mm at the waist, which instantly presents a noticeable advantage as soon as you leave the start line. With a narrower waist comes enhanced climbing prowess, more precise edging, and a noticeable reduction in mass. This adds up to a sure-footed platform that kick turns like it’s not even there. The ski is narrower at the tip and tail, which shaves every bit of unnecessary weight, but also lengthens the side-cut and further enhances the already impressive edging power on steep terrain. The tip has been reshaped to reduce friction and increase glide. The tail is a new shape from Trab: the Sprint uses a rounded tail which speeds booter transitions by making it easier to guide the tails into your ski carry loop. The top sheet is textured and encourages snow to fall off on its own, so no matter the conditions, your skis stay as light as possible. The aramid honeycomb core and cap construction dampen vibrations on the way down, making it easier to hold your line through challenging, tracked out courses. Interested in specializing your skimo career? The Gara Aero Sprint is your ticket to fame and fortune.
- SprinTip and Attivo progressive flex helps smooth out chunky terrain, making it easier to kick and glide vs lifting the ski each step.
- Hibox Torsion Control results in a precise, torsion-resistant edging platform.
- 52 HRC steel edges are durable, flexible, and don’t impede the performance characteristics of the ski.
- Aramid Nomex Fiber Honeycomb Core is damp and playful.
- Carbon Reinforcement sheets stiffen the ride and reduce friction when you unweight it to glide.
- Backed by Ski Trab’s impressive 3-year warranty.
Update 2018/19: Ski Trab added a 152cm length.
||Camber and a half underfoot, flat tail, sprint tip|
||Honeycomb 14 layer wrapped|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Vertical and Sprint races|
|Notes||More glide and fluidity in ascent|
|Bottom Line||The specialty race machine|
|Compare to other Race Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.