Ski Trab set out to create the best all-around touring ski possible. The impressive result is the Maximo. From the inside out, the Liwood box core is energetic and will stand up to more than its fair share of abuse while the longitudinal air-channels keep it light. Thanks to the fiberglass reinforcements and quadraxial Piuma (Italian for “feather”) cap construction, the torsional stability saw an impressive increase as did the steep skiing performance. The beefy 52 HRC edges can handle dry-skiing and summer couloirs littered with rock fall. The famed Attivo flex profile is stiff enough to push back at you when you need to lay down a high angle carve, but intentionally soft enough near the tips to float in powder and overcooked corn. The Trab DuoTech tails are split down the middle which allows the weighted edge to conform to the terrain and absorb impact without twisting the entire ski. This further boosts the torsional stability and steep skiing performance while also contributing to the powerful and surfy feel in soft snow. If you scoff at chairlifts, enjoy artfully blasting through every type of snow, and don’t enjoy buying skis every season, the Ski Trab Maximo should be first on your list.
- NoShock Active Vibration Control is a lightweight elastomer placed right above the edges and in the tips and tails to keep the ski damp under pressure.
- HiConnect Edge-to-Edge Connection is an internal bridge between the two edges to make sure the skis stay structurally sound and true after repeated rock-strikes.
- DuoTech tails are a small, but important detail that comes in handy for control.
- Low Profile Omega is a design technique to reduce swing weight and centralize overall mass to increase maneuverability.
- Attivo progressive shape and flex smooths out uneven terrain while still having more than enough power to carve and jump.
- Liwood Wood Box Core with air channels is light and poppy.
- Piuma Quadraxial Cap wraps the ski with a scratch resistant top sheet.
- Sintered bases with the nicest out-of-the-plastic tune on the market.
|Lengths (cm)||164, 171, 178, 185|
|Weight (pair)||2360g 
|Turn Radius||18.1m 
|Skin Fix||Attivo tip & tail|
|Profile||Low Omega Profile|
|Shape||Attivo progressive shape|
|Core||LiWood w/ air canals|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||3 year warranty|
|Bottom Line||Perfect for when you're looking for a fun descent|
|Compare to other Mid-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.