When the king of high-tech outdoor apparel designs a jacket specifically for ski mountaineering, you can rest assured that it’s going to work. The Arc’Teryx Procline Comp Jacket is mostly comprised of Gore Windstopper fabric, a breathable yet wind-stopping shield that isolates you from the elements without bogging you down. This allows for complex moves in technical terrain no matter the weather. Strategic parts of the jacket are made from the light, supple, and stretchy Fortius 1.0 softshell layer that is even more breatheable and allows uninhibited range of motion. Blending the two high-tech fabrics requires body-mapping to maximize the benefits of each material, something Arc’Teryx nailed. The Windstopper is on the parts of the jacket that take the brunt of the weather: the hood, front of the torso, arms, and lower back. The stretchy and breathable Fortius 1.0 softshell fabric can be found on the core, underside of the arms, and middle of the back. Blending the two allows for a light, breathable, and equally shield-like jacket that still allows you the same range of motion as pajamas. The Procline Comp is the gold-standard for technical missions in unpredictable weather.
- Fortius 1.0 fabric on core, back and underside of arms is stretchy, breathable, and provides accurate venting in areas where you need it.
- Gore Windstopper fabric is water-resistant, stops wind in its tracks, and can be found on the hood, torso, arms, and lower back.
- StormHood is helmet compatible.
- Removable HemLock secures the jacket underneath a harness.
- Internal security pocket keeps valuables close by.
- Trim fit with e3D mapping for a tailored, articulated fit.
- Drop hem in rear eliminates drafts.
|Ventilation||Fortius 1.0 softshell under the arms and center back|
|Pockets||Two Chest Pockets|
||GORE Windstopper with softshell Fortius™ 1.0|
|Coating||Arc'teryx Nu water repellent treatment|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Mapping Technology for Zonal weather protection and ventilation|
|Bottom Line||Performance on the ascent and descent, meeting dynamic demands of ski mountaineering|
|Compare to other Men's Layers|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.