The Light version of the carbon Backland boots has been tuned for speed. With a lighter and even more breathable liner in the nearly frictionless pivoting shell, the boots were made for walking and skinning. You can leave in the Soft Flex tongue with nary any interference with your stride. Then it will be there, along with the Carbon Spine, to give you more oomph on the down. Weighing in near a kilo, the Backland Carbon Light boots are Atomic’s answer for most uphill woes.
- Lace-able Platinum Light liner (189g) has breathable zones in the sole and mid-foot.
- Carbon fiber spine adds lateral stiffness and helps transfer power to the ski.
- Semi-rockered soles covered in Skywalk rubber are nimble on rock.
- Quick Click tongues (53g) have a soft enough flex to leave in while skinning.
- Free/Lock 2.0 rear lever offers simple and reliable transitions.
- 30mm power strap (30g) is supportive and light enough to want to use.
- Liners are washable so you can fight back against your own stink.
- Memory Fit shell can be molded along with the liner.
|Weight (pair)||2116g [27/27.5]|
|Boot Sole Length||268mm [24/24.5]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech only|
|Forward Lean(s)||13°, 15°|
|Materials||Grilamid shell, carbon spine|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Uphill focused touring|
|Bottom Line||Uphill focused touring boot|
Questions & Reviews
Thanks for your help!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.