Strength usually means heavy, lightweight usually means wimpy (except for boxers). How about lightweight and strong? Black Diamond has hit the mark with their Razor Carbon pole combining a 14mm aluminum upper for strength with a 12mm carbon lower to shave weight and create a smooth swing on the skin track. A comfortable rubber grip will nestle into your hand like a puppy in your lap and the touring grip is made of the same rubber compound for a confidence inspiring grasp on your poles when you need to choke up on those steep side hills. Sporting a range in length from 100cm to 125cm you can open up your stride on the flats and shorten things up for the ride down. Make the change quickly and easily with the user friendly Flicklock system on this two-part pole. 100mm wide baskets float in the fluffiest of powder. If you prefer a different basket configuration you can choose from a variety of other basket options thanks to the indexed ferrule system.
- 14mm aluminum upper and 12mm carbon lower combine high strength and low weight for the best of both worlds.
- Rubber handle and touring grip mean you can confidently maneuver in the backcountry in all types of terrain.
- Flicklock system used to adjust the length of this two-section pole is durable and easy to use.
- Indexed ferrule allows you to pick from a range of Black Diamond baskets.
- 25cm of adjustability gives plenty of options for the up and the down.
- Poles pack down to 90cm.
|100-125cm adjustable, collapsed at 90cm
|268g [without basket]
|536g [without baskets]
|Basket & Tip
|Indexed ferrule with 100mm powder baskets
|Aluminum upper, carbon lower
|Skimo Co Says
|Great durability and swing weight due to the combination of aluminum and carbon materials
|Simple, durable, and reliable
|Compare to other Adjustable Ski Poles
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.