What’s rigid like wood, floats like a pontoon, and has the faint scent of authentic Italian espresso? Well obviously, the CAMP Piz Alu Evo pole!* With simplicity and reliability in mind, the Piz Alu Evo pole is fixed-length and made from 16mm aluminum tubing, providing ski mountaineers with a reliable adventure companion built for the long haul. With an extended foam grip, the Piz Alu Evo is made for quick hand adjustments on the fly, allowing you to navigate precarious terrain with confidence. The ergonomic grip and side-specific wrist straps are quite comfortable, helping ease the suffering during a "big day out." Taking inspiration from nordic and skimo racing poles, the Piz Alu Evo utilizes an asymmetrical basket, which reduces the chance of leveraging the pole out of the snow and helping to increase efficiency. The Piz Alu Evo is a smart choice if you value simplicity, ease of use, and comfort.
- Fixed Length 16mm 7075 Alumiun shaft makes for a strong, reliable, and light ski mountaineering pole.
- Ergonomic grip with fast clip adjustable pole strap allows for maximum comfort whether going up or down.
- Extended foam grip is useful for side hills or making quick hand adjustments while making jump turns.
- Asymmetrical winter basket minimizes the chances of the basket levering out on the skin track or while booting up steep terrain.
- Available in 7 lengths starting at 115cm up to 145cm to fit most human beings.
*Does not actually float like a pontoon, have properties of wood, or smell faintly of Italian espresso.
|Lengths (cm)||115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145|
|Weight (pair)||434g [125cm]|
|Grip||Long foam grip for choking up or down|
|Basket & Tip||Carbide tip, winter basket with asymmetrical design|
||7075 aluminum, carbide tip|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, general touring|
|Notes||Extended foam grips allows for quick hand adjustment in steep terrain|
|Bottom Line||Reliable fixed-length aluminum pole for ski mountaineering|
|Compare to other Fixed Length Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.