While poles with extended foam grips aren’t anything new, Grivel has managed to create a unique offering with the Anarchist pole. Keeping the classic extended foam grip that allows for nearly unlimited hand positions, the Anarchist gains Grivel’s Mutant basket, which allows the user to swivel the basket between a race or more traditional basket configuration. In the asymmetrical race configuration, the basket has less surface area in the front and more in the back, allowing the pole to easily pivot forward and thus improve uphill efficiency. In the symmetrical configuration, which resembles traditional powder baskets, the ferrule of the pole is in the center of the basket, allowing the pole to feel balanced when being pressed into deep snow.
While wrist straps are falling out of style with many skiers for fear of injury, Grivel incorporated an adjustable cord pole strap with their Strap Safety Release (SSR) system. This allows the strap to release when pulled above 90°, providing an extra margin of safety for your shoulders. Rounding out the Anarchist is the tried and true one-piece 7075 aluminum construction, which finds a compelling mix of durability and weight savings.
If you value a durable pole with a versatile basket design, the Anarchist pole from Grivel is for you.
- Durable 7075 aluminum shaft is in it for the long haul.
- EVA extended foam grip makes switching hand positions while skinning or making jump turns a breeze.
- Mutant basket can be switched from ascent mode (asymmetrical) to descent mode (symmetrical) easily and efficiently.
- Strap Safety Release System releases when the strap is pulled above 90°, helping prevent injuries if the pole gets snagged.
- Spare SSR straps and Mutant baskets can be found here.
|Lengths (cm)||115, 120, 125, 130, 135|
|Weight (pair)||440g |
|Basket & Tip||Mutant basket|
||7075 aluminum, EVA foam grip|
|Strap||SSR System (Strap Safety Release)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Everyday touring, steep skiing, ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Reminiscent of Batons but with a unique basket and lightweight strap|
|Bottom Line||Versatile fixed-length pole|
|Compare to other Fixed Length Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.