Crampons can be finicky little necessities, but they're extremely valuable allies when it comes to general mountaineering. Lucky for you, we have a very good recommendation that will fit just about any boot, even those of our splitboarding brethren. The CAMP XLC 490 Universal crampons are lightweight and 3D pressed to help maximize design strength. Keeping in mind your motivation for performance and durability you could stomp around all day and not break these guys, although, we're not recommending you do only that. These 12-point strap-on crampons will fit just about any hiking or mountaineering boot as well, and you won't need to use any tools to adjust between boot sizes. Made lightweight, universally accommodating for boots, and durable, the CAMP XLC 490 Universal would be a solid first pick for general mountaineering crampons.
- Universal bindings with thermoplastic heel and toe harnesses accommodate nearly any hiking or mountaineering boots.
- 3D pressed frame helps distribute weight and pressure over the whole crampon rather than at a single point.
- Tool free adjustment allows you to get the perfect fit on the fly.
- CC4U indicators for wear and tear let you know when it's time to retire your spikes.
- Work best for general mountaineering, not suited for ice climbing or intensive terrain.
- Comes with anti-bailing plates and carrying case.
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Mountaineering, high altitude|
|Notes||Tool free adjustment.|
|Bottom Line||Designed for a secure fit on most semi-rigid mountaineering boots.|
|Compare to other Crampons|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.