The lightest way to get your steel on! The Irvis Hybrid crampons feature steel toes designed to hold up against rock impacts for those questionable routes. Petzl also understands that you don’t want to lug a massive crampon up a mountain, so with weight conservation in mind they paired the toes with an aluminum heel and connected the dots with the ultralight Cord-Tec linking system. That means they are also super packable, since you can just fold the crampons in half and stuff them in your pack. The Irvis Hybrids will fit just about any boot since they come with both an automatic and a semi-automatic bail system. Petzl ships them with a simple wire bail installed for ski boots, but you can also swap in the included flexible bail for TLT7s or other boots suspiciously missing a hard toe-welt. If you can’t decide which crampon you need for your purposes, the Petzl Irvis Hybrid makes it so you don’t have to! Just buy this and it will work.
- CORD-TEC linking system is flexible and fits all boots up to around US size 13 men.
- Also shipped with FlexLock bail to attaching to boots without a good toe welt (+25g).
- Installed automatic bail is fast for ski boots and keeps the crampons amazingly light.
- Comes with ANTISNOW plates installed to help prevent dangerous snow build-up.
- Four-point aluminum heel is light and lets you go French-style up steep couloirs.
- Six-point steel toe platform is rugged enough for big routes in low snow.
- Protective nylon carry bag with drawstring included.
- Certified to CE EN 893, UIAA standards.
||233g [without anti-bot]
270g [with anti-bot]
|Weight (pair)||466g [without anti-bot]
540g [with anti-bot]
|Materials||Aluminum, steel, nylon, dyneema|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, mountaineering, glacier travel|
|Notes||Packs very small due to the Dyneema linking cord.|
|Bottom Line||Business in front, party in the back.|
Questions & Reviews
Skimo does a great job in everything - quality products, fast shipping, and always top tier customer service and communication. My purchase was returned to the store without reaching me for some reason, and Will helped me out with my order. There's even a personalized note in my package. Thank you!
The Grivel Skimatic fits like it was made for the Alien.
The heel lever also does not have a ledge to use as a fulcrum when stepping into the crampons which would be a nice touch.
I would give 5 stars for these crampons if not for the durability of the cord connecting the toe and heel pieces.
One negative is that in ski boots or other fully rigid boots the crampon toe piece pivots on stiff snow, or ice. The toe isn't held rigidly by a metal bar, but instead "swings" on the dyneema cords. They've never fallen off but it often feels like I'm close to forcing them off rotationally.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.