Acceleration is the derivative of speed, but there is nothing derivative about the Acceleration Jacket from Crazy Idea. Reach for this piece on cold days when your speed touring outfit isn't quite warm enough. You'll find yourself swaddled in warm, breathable, quick-drying comfort. Windproof and water-resistant Toray makes up the outer fabric, and insulation is provided by the 4-way stretch compactable insulation that offers impressive heat retention without hogging much volume in your pack. In addition to a zippered chest pocket, the jacket also has Crazy Idea's signature open skin dump pocket on the exterior so you can stash your race skins without letting the frigid air reach your mid or base layers. An elastic hood with a no-drip visor completes the piece. And because it's from Crazy Idea, you know it's going to look good. The Crazy Idea Acceleration Jacket doesn't let cold days stop you from enjoying the cold smoke.
- Warm, light, and compressible - just what you want for your race pack.
- Classic Crazy Idea external skin dump pocket for faster (and less drafty) skin storage.
- 4-way stretch fabric won't affect your mobility or efficiency.
- Windproof, water-resistant, rip-stop outer material keeps the elements out.
- Elastic hood with anti-drip visor for when the precipitation starts to precipitate.
|Hood||Yes, semi-rigid brim|
|Pockets||2 chest, 1 Internal|
||Toray, Elastic insulation|
|Insulation||Proprietary 4-way stretch insulation|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Insulating layer or outerlayer|
|Notes||Impressive weight to warmth ratio|
|Bottom Line||Functional, fast and light for cold temperatures|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.