The Women’s Mezzalama is lined with Polartec Alpha, making it the lightest and most breathable insulated Dynafit jacket. This is perfect for a backup later for races, tours, or ski mountaineering. If the weather stays nice and you don’t need the protection, having the lightest item in your pack is ideal. If the temps drop and you need the insulation, having the most breathability is nice when moving fast. The Mezzalama Jacket is stretch-woven nylon that is wind, water, and abrasion resistant. Underarm panels use some spandex so the jacket is very flexible, while the front, back, and sleeves are lightly insulated. The whole thing can be stuffed into its own chest pocket for compact transport. This is the jacket for long, cold races and days in the wild.
- 100% nylon outer is coated with a durable water repellent finish to keep out precipitation.
- Underarms are 18% nylon to maximize flexibility so you can move while staying warm.
- 98g of Alpha insulation in the front and 60g in the back, hood, and sleeves is just right.
- Stow Pocket lets you pack the jacket into a small ball and throw it in your pack for later.
- Finished with elastic hood, cuffs, and a reflector stripe so SAR can find your body (please don't die!).
|Hood||Yes, elastic closure|
|Pockets||1 chest stow|
||Nylon shell, Polartec Alpha fill, polyester mesh lining|
|Insulation||100% Polartec Alpha
98g front, 60g sleeve, back, hood
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Long, cold racing. Mountaineering.|
|Notes||Insulation where you want it, mesh where you don't|
|Bottom Line||Actually functional insulation|
|Compare to other Women's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.