Gear that works well for a wide variety of uses is the best kind of gear, and the Fischer Travers TS ski boot ticks all your boxes. Whether it's backcountry touring, casual skimo racing, or the occasional on-piste foray, the Travers will have your
back feet. The word 'workhorse' comes to mind when talking about the Travers TS. You can line up at the starting line for that weeknight skimo race, then head out on Saturday morning to ski that peak located miles from the road, all without switching your socks boots. Light enough to walk for miles and miles, but with a tall and stiff cuff that charges as hard as you do, this boot lands in that 'sweet spot' that great gear can be found in. You can get all the cool features at a price that won't leave you gasping for air, making it a fantastic choice for the average backcountry skier. Just don't forget to take them off for date night, because while we understand how great these boots are, your mom date may not appreciate them as much.
- This updated model packs much of the same punch as the original Travers Carbon, just at a significantly more friendly price.
- Ski/walk lever beds flat into a notch against the back of the cuff when in walk mode, eliminating accidental lever bumps and lockouts.
- Easy Lace Liner allows for an articulated tight fit that holds the foot in place, providing an improved fit while remaining easy to take on and off.
- The upper buckle is adjustable via a Velcro strap, allowing for a fully unique fit that is perfect for folks who have issues with buckles not fitting right in the calf.
- Boa closure system on the lower shell of the boot provides an even fit that eliminates buckle-induced pressure points, closing the boot around the whole foot rather than clamping down onto it in one or two spots.
- Somatec from Fischer means your feet are angled outward 3° for a more powerful stance.
- The punchable lower shell is great for folks who know they have a trouble spot on their feet.
|Weight (pair)||2458g [27.5]|
||Powerstrap top buckle + BOA|
||14 + Velcro spoiler|
||Comfy custom heat moldable liner|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring, ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Somatec for quicker ski engagement|
|Bottom Line||Great walking/skiiing boot at a non-carbon price!|
|Compare to other Touring Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Walk mode is really comfy and I have great range of motion. I feel like I'm cruising up the skin track compared to my old traditional split setup. The soles provide good traction for when things get spicy on the boot pack and you might need to do some mixed climbing and scrambling.
All in all they're a solid boot that tour well and can handle anything you want to hit on the way down.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.