Introducing the Karpos Alagna, the high-performance speed-touring ski jacket. Hot laps on a thousand foot face in the middle of winter, peak-bagging in the spring, or the occasional Tuesday night race, the Alagna does it all. This is the platform around which Karpos has built a whole line of present and future classics. Thermodrytex Double is the high-tech fabric that keeps the Alagna going back up for more; it is awesomely stretchy and breathable. Top to bottom DWR treatment will take action and keep you smiling when the snow-clouds move in. The back panel and cuffs are made of a lighter Dualfit fabric for even more sweat-wicking and freedom of movement. The waist features ThermodrytexPL+, a version that allows for more protection from the elements while still being flexible. Two external pockets can hold a beacon, phone, camera, map, or some easily accessible food. Internal skin-pockets are accessed by way of a full length YKK zip. Let’s sum: comfortable collar, triple stitching, highly breathable, generous wind-resistance. The Alagna jacket is an active touring jacket that other jackets aspire to be.
- Pronounced uh-LAHN-ya, with a palatal nasal sound also heard in jalapeño.
- Body-mapped construction uses different fabric weights and properties so you’re happy all over.
- Two external chest pockets and two internal skin pockets provide tons of storage for such a light jacket.
- Silicone grippers on back and inside of waist keep the jacket in place.
- Triple-stitched seams for durability and comfort.
- Front Vislon zip for quick opening.
|Pockets||2 chest pockets, inside mesh pockets for skins|
|Waist||Elastic with silicone grippers|
||Dualfit, Thermodrytex Double, ThermodrytexPL+|
|Coating||DWR coating on front|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Speed touring, training|
|Notes||Highly breathable and Italian|
|Bottom Line||Light and fast ski touring|
|Compare to other Men's Speed Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.