After assembling our wish-list of features for what we thought to be the ideal training, mountaineering, and all-around light 'n fast pole, we were surprised to find all those features manifested in the shape of a Kohla Evolution Feather pole. Since a pole is essentially a high-tech tree branch, it's difficult to make a pole that distinguishes itself head and shoulders above the rest. Turns out the details matter and Kohla paid attention. With the full aluminum construction, long foam grip, easily adjustable length, and interchangeable baskets, it’s probably the only pole you’ll ever need. Need a pole for powder skiing? Check. Need a pole for resort laps? Check. Need a pole for an objective with a long, flat approach to a steep couloir? Check, again!
- Length is adjustable from 82-140cm by way of a simple S-Lock system.
- 2K-Picco handle has a little gripper that makes it easy to manipulate toe levers, heel risers, and your friends’ airbag triggers.
- The EVA foam grip is long, insulates your hand from the aluminum, and allows you to choke up for side-hilling or steep descents.
- Soft strap is easily adjustable and supple for all day comfort.
- AL 7075 T6 composes the upper and lower of the pole for durability.
- Hard and grippy WIDIA tip reduces slip-outs while poling on hard snow.
- Rugged and floaty powder baskets come installed on the pole.
- Included asymmetric aero baskets are the bee’s knees in variable conditions.
- Compatible with the BCA 35cm Snow Saw with removal of the lower.
Compare otherAdjustable Ski Poles
|Grip||2K-Picco Handle with EVA Foam grip zone|
|Basket & Tip||Interchangeable baskets with WIDIA tip|
|Materials||AL 7075 T6|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring, resort skiing, adventure skiing|
|Notes||Comes with a bonus set of trailing Aero baskets|
|Bottom Line||An incredibly versatile and durable touring pole|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.